Thursday, December 1, 2011

40th Anniversary of UAE!

Ski slope in shopping mall!
Have you ever ski in shopping mall?
I even never ski in my life though...
Today is 40th anniversary of UAE as nation.
It is really amazing that they built this big high tech city within 10-15 years!
Does it mean, if we have money and leader, we can do same in Africa??

One taxi driver told me "We don't have democracy at all here."
But how do you feel if facilities of your city developed so fast and release you from daily base difficulties to survive even without democracy?
Of course, I'm not saying to forget all of old thing and build everything new is goal but I became very interested in the strategy and governance of UAE as one case study through this trip.
Hope I can see other part of UAE next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment