Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dream on hold - ALJAZEERA


Actually, I also heard several cases similar to this guy who came back to South Sudan with high expectation but went back to Khartoum(North) again after they found South Sudan is not what they expected to be yet.

I don't know much about South Sudanese people's life in North or other countries during the war period.
Some people told me that they had education and job opportunities there(even they live in refugee camp!) but there are much less opportunities in South Sudan like this guy mentioned in the video.
Unfortunately, I cannot compare since I've never seen their life in other place. I only see part of South Sudanese life now in South Sudan.

While we hear this kind of stories, South Sudan receive a quite number of Kenyan, Ugandan and Eritrean who works in service industry such as restaurant & hotel or on construction site(even as simple worker). If they are cheaper and better, is this capitalism or what?

Of course, this is not all the case. To build a nation, we need strong commitment and much patience, I believe.

Rome was not built in a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment